Symphony V. California

heroin problems

Almost everyday a family loses a member of their family because of an overdose on heroin.

Dear, Next President 

According to heroin overdose data, 2013 to 2014, heroin overdose death rates increased by 26%, with more than 10,500 people dying in 2014. Becoming addicted to heroin is usually caused by patients misusing their medication most likely painkillers. Soon over time that patient keeps taking the painkillers and once that's not enough they move on to heroin because it cheap and easy to obtain. Getting very depressed also causes people to move on to heroin.

Being a addicted to heroin can lead to severe health problems. People addicted to heroin can really hurt themselves when and where they black out. People that blackout may not even wake up because they overdosed on it. Once someone starts heroin it's hard to stop and it takes over your money your job (if you have one), really your whole life in that matter. My aunt started taking heroin, her and I used to be so close but now that she started I lost connection with her. I haven't spoke to her in almost 2 years and it's hard knowing her life is over because she started. I used to tell her everything but now I cant I lost her and I don't know if I can get her back I miss her so much and I don't want anyone else to go through this kind of pain.

When people go to rehab it sometimes works but sometimes it doesn't . Once they get out of rehab they might just go back to heroin so that's why we need to ban heroin period. No one and I mean no one should be able to use this drug it terrible and yes all drugs are bad but in my opinion heroin is the worse one of them all. 10,574 overdose deaths related to heroin in 2014.5 . sometimes heroin get so bad where the person who it taking this drug loses contact with the world and only stays in touch with his/ her dealer. Families lose their son/ daughter to this drug and no should go through any of that pain. If I was a parent and my son/ daughter died of an overdose it would kill me mentally and physically, Knowing I could've saved them from that but I couldn't because I had no idea of what was going on. Sometimes people ask me β€œ how do you think the human race is going to end” and I automatically think of drugs.

So please all I ask is for you to ban this horrible drug and if someone is caught with this drug make him/her pay a fine or even 2 or 3 years of prision. It's not right at all that people keep dying of this drug and nobody is doing anything about it. So it's up to you now, if you want to make the number of heroin deaths, users, and dealers decrease, or if you want to keep letting this happen and keep letting people die.

Symphony V.  

Lakeview MIddle School

Woods Period 6

This class is Ms. Woods's sixth period language arts class.