Madeline H. Oregon

Terrorism

Terrorism is a major problem in the United States and needs to be dealt with.

As time goes on, more and more terrorist attacks are occurring in the United States. Terrorism is a huge problem, and it has killed thousands in the U.S. These thousands of people are innocent moms, dads, brothers, sisters, friends, etc. whose lives are taken away just because they have become the victim. According to statista, In 2013, about 18,000 people died from terrorism. In 2014, 32,658 people died from terrorism. Terrorism has caused around 130,000 deaths worldwide from 2015-2016. This data supports the fact that over the past few years terrorism numbers in the United States have increased and are gradually getting larger and larger.

Terrorism is defined as the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. Terrorism impacts everybody in the United States because it triggers everyone’s emotions watching innocent lives be taken. Most people feel scared and unprotected. Acts of terrorism cause anger in the civilians of our country as well, which means this is a large enough problem for the future president to handle.

As the next president of our country, it is your turn to step up and take on the challenge of completely protecting our country from harmful acts of terrorism. If we can all agree that terrorism is a very big problem, then something must be done to end the attacks and make people feel safe. I understand that we don’t always know when an attack is coming, but we could always prepare better, or try to solve issues that cause acts of terrorism. Maybe something could be done like ending terrorism that comes from us.

This is something that needs to be dealt with now. Ahmed Chalabi, a writer, stated, “The issue of terrorism must be dealt with firmly. We must work very hard to avoid loss of life, and work very hard to avoid civilian casualties. And those terrorists and Baathists are holding the people hostage. We must release hostages.” As time goes on, terrorism becomes more lethal and this needs to stop.

Every day many people’s lives are impacted by the loss of a family member, and not enough is being done about it. Are you going to let this continue? Even if acts of terrorism can’t be completely taken away, most of it could be prevented.

Under the law, it is illegal to involve in violent acts or acts dangerous to human life. It is also illegal to appear to be intended (i) to immediate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping. If acts of terrorism are considered to be illegal then something must be done. Not preventing terrorism is not punishing people for acts of murder.

We can’t expect terrorism to just go away over time because as time goes on it seems to just get worse. We have to stand together as a country and figure out how we will end it. So future Mr. or Mrs. President, I want a major change to occur in the way we handle terrorism.