Darby Louisiana

Gun violence in the United States

Gun violence in the United States kills thousands of people each year. I believe that there are things we can do to bring these numbers down.

Dear Mr./Mrs. president,

I am writing to you today to discuss a growing problem in our country ,gun violence,. Gun violence killed 13,286 people in the United States as of 2015. This does not include suicides though. Statistics show that 60 percent of the people who died from guns in the United States are suicide cases. The Gun violence in the United States  needs to be resolved not merely for gun violence inflicted on others,  but gun violence inflicting on ones self. 

I know I may not be the most expiriences person, although I have few ideas that I'd like to present. I think that inforcing stricter rules on purchasing guns can help these statistics. For example, if people have any kind of record against them they should not be able to purchase a gun. Another thing that I think would help is to apply stern rules regarding people with mental illnesses purchasing firearms. The last things I would like to propose is to never allow anyone being suspected of having any kind of terrorist involvement to obtain guns. 

Gun violence in the United States needs to be stopped. Although, l can't fix the whole problem I hope that I have given you some  key points to consider. If my opinion can save even just one life that is worth the time to write this letter. I hope you take the time out of your busy schedule to review this letter and consider implementing some of my ideas into your plan to end gun violence. 

Darby Beach      

Delta Charter School

DCS US History

Delta Charter School U.S. History classes