ginny Oregon

Bullying

This letter talks about bullying

Dear Mr./Mrs. President,

“Bullying has existed as long as schools have; This USED to consist of name-calling, and school-yard fights” according to the bullying Opposing Viewpoints Online Collection. Now, in the 21st century, the bullied turn to violence and suicide or deadly actions towards the bully.

In most states, school administrators don’t prevent the bullying or make an attempt to stop it, so kids and teens turn to violence, suicide etc. Therefore many families and friends have sued their school districts for not helping them protect their kids.

What do you usually do when you see someone being bullied? Well, I, for one, would walk up and tell the bully to back off and leave the other person alone. Why do you think people get bullied? Teens, kids and adults get bullied because of their race, ethnicity, gender, disabilities and their style and what type of music they listen to. Do you ever see kids at your school getting bullied by other kids? Not physically bullied but emotionally and verbally bullied? Yes, people will say the most hurtful words or they’ll just flat out ignore and leave them out. I myself have experienced being bullied. Because of this experience i never helped others when it happened to them. That was at least til’ i got tired of it. I started to snap back at the bully and push back when they would shove. I finally had the courage to tell them off and stop them from hurting others.

Bullied kids have turned to suicide a lot more often than before instead of hurting themselves or others. On January 14,2010 Phoebe Prince was subjected to bullying, Because of it, she ended her life by hanging herself. Another girl of only 13 year of age in England was driven to suicide by a group of boy who bullied her for her size, whether she was underweight or overweight. A 14 year old Canadian girl hung herself when a group of girls bullied her and harassed her in 2000. People all around the world are ending their lives because of bullying or because of some other reason outside of school. There are many reasons to be upset sad, angry, lonely, afraid, etc., but that doesn’t mean they should end their life; there are not enough people to help them through everything.

It is up to you Mr./Mrs. President, to prevent suicide and stop bullying. Are you going to let children be bullied and picked for reasons they can’t help? Will you stand by and watch amazing kids, teens, and adults end their life because people won’t do anything about it? One out of every four students (22%) report being bullied during the school year. Of those who were bullied, 64 percent of children did not report it; only 36 percent reported the bullying.

More than half of bullying situations (57 percent) stop when a peer intervenes on behalf of the student being bullied, according to School-Based Bullying Prevention Programs. School-based bullying prevention programs decrease bullying by up to 25%. (founded by Mccallion and Feder in 2013). The reasons for being bullied reported most often by students were looks (55%), body shape (37%), and race (16%). (founded by Davis and Nixon in 2010).

According to StopBullying.Gov, there are two types of people more likely to bully people. The first is kids who care too much about their social status and are overly concerned with their popularity; they like to dominate over others. The second type of kids are more isolated and away from their peers. They maybe depressed and have low self-esteem.

There need to be more people in the world who are willing to stop bullying and save the lives of millions of people. Bullying touches many lives all around the world. People who stand up and make a difference inspire others to do the same. They support the cause. What can you do to help prevent and stop bullying Mr./Mrs. president? Will you let parents suffer from their loss of their child? Help us, help everyone who needs the strength to stand up and be strong for themselves and others.