jacky a. California

College Expenses

College expenses are rapidly increasing becoming more difficult for families to send their kids to college, this is why I think college expenses should be lowered.

College is becoming ridiculously expensive making it harder for families to send their kids to college. Many years ago most families were able to send their kids to college but now it’s becoming very difficult to pay all that money. How will you help all these families with this extreme amount of money needed to be paid in order to send their kids to college.

There are many organizations that’ll give money to send kids to college but it isn’t enough. Others get scholarships from school whether it being that you’re great at a sport or a super smart student; this is good for these kids because colleges will pay the full tuition just to have these kids to attend their school, but what about the rest of us who aren’t great at sports or don’t do all that good in school will we just not go to college because of the price needed to pay?

Many get loans and this is good because they’ll get through college but once college is over and they begin to work all that money goes back to the loans, they don’t really get a chance to enjoy the money they make because they are in debt with thousands of dollars. While in school students will get part time jobs to get some of the debt to go away, and during summer they will get full time jobs as well to pay back the loans. so they’re basically working to pay back all that money that was loaned to them.

Even though these prices are out of control many are in a desperate struggle for financial success so they do the most trying to get in and then figuring out how they are going to pay is the biggest struggle of all. It puts so much weight on the student and their families with this big load on their hands constantly thinking about how this money will get paid off. This is really bad to put families through this I understand that college is something very important that of course needs to be paid for because it’s something that is leading us into our career and what we will be doing for the rest of our lives, but then again is it really worth putting our families through all of this.

I think that college tuitions should be lowered to a more affordable range. We are the future generation that will take over the jobs many people have today and with many of us not being able to go to college we won’t have many workers like how we have today. Honestly college is a financial problem for all these students, this gets them stressed out causing many to drop out, is this what you want for our country?

John Henry Francis Polytechnic High School

Honors English 10 A / Period 4

Sophomore English class in the magnet program of John H. Francis Polytechnic High School in Sun Valley, California.