alejandra l. California

immigration

deporting adults affects there children too.

I wanted to talk to you about something that is very important to me. I didn’t want Donald trump to win because he was determined to take out every immigrant in America and put up a wall to keep them out. To me this is very unfair, not only because I’m a daughter of an immigrant but also because so are some of my friends Although I was born here in California my mother has always said that if she and my father had to leave i'd go along with them. Leaving wouldn’t be a problem if I didn’t have relationships and adjusted to this lifestyle but I have and the thought of having to give this all up and restart a new life breaks my heart.

My parents have been here for over 20 years and only crossed the border because they hoped to make more money here and then return to their country. But plans changed when my mom had my oldest sister, my parents weren’t sure what to do whether to stay or not. Soon my brother and I came along and they knew we’d have a better future here than back in Mexico so they made up their mind and searched for a home big enough for us to live and grow up. deportation has always been my parents biggest worry. They have always done the right thing and followed the laws

People like Donald trump say Mexicans are rapist or killers but these are all stereo types. Yes there are some people who have actually done these things but there not all Mexican and just because one person does something doesn't mean everyone else is the same. like I said my parents don't break laws they wake up go to work come home and repeat this every day just like many other immigrants. these are the type of people who deserve to be citizens and be legal here but just because they weren't born here they are seen as bad people. many Americans commit crimes that are truly horrible but some how they are still allowed to vote and do all the things immigrants cant. I believe there should be a new law that gives immigrants the chance to get documented considering their behavior towards the country, if they're good people they deserve to become citizens

As the new president, I would like to know what your plans for immigration are? Are you going to help legalize the ones who deserve citizenship? Will you let them stay? I know your busy but if you can just take some time to read this and make some change and help immigrants live a life they deserve and not fear getting deported.

Sincerely, alejandra lopez

John Henry Francis Polytechnic High School

Honors English 10 A / Period 4

Sophomore English class in the magnet program of John H. Francis Polytechnic High School in Sun Valley, California.