Katherine F. California

Sexual abuse has to come to an end.

This letter is about sexual abusers on how it make us feel and how it also makes females feel ,not safe anywhere and that it should be stopped.

Dear president,

Ever since I was a little girl my mom will constantly remind me and warm me of the danger that is beyond the door of my house. She will always check on what I choose to wear and where I go and if I'm going with anyone and not alone. A serious issue that has been around for many years and has been making females afraid to even walking around their neighborhoods is sexual abuse and it has to be stopped immediately. Help us stop sexual abuse and find the abusers that are out there harming other females without being caught or reported.

Sexual abuse has to come to an end. I don't feel safe in the area I live in or think I ever will anywhere if this isn't stopped. Us women have to constantly be checking on their selves. We have to be worrying about on the type of cloths we wear or the cloths we own in our closets. We can't even walk around our neighborhood without being started at or whistled at, they are so many pervs out there that make us feel un safe. There are so many abusers out there that are following our steps and just makes us feel scared. At times there’s even situation where it does not matter what you wear that make you look not eye catch but just in general our gender put us in danger outside of the walls of our houses.

Many females have been kidnapped by these abusers. They make us feel not proud of what we are. They go after us scare us and that has to be put to an end we have to catch all those abusers out there that haven't been caught or reported because they tend to get to the point where they harm us where it can change our whole entire lives and break bonds with families. Now I understand why my mom would watch over me so much and remind me everyday to be careful because it can be any day that I can be a victim of sexual abuse and no female wants to be put in that position. We can keep letting them take advantage of our gender. Help us feel safe. Help us feel proud to be females. Help us catch these abuser and help sexual abuse come to an end.

Katherine Flores

John Henry Francis Polytechnic High School

Honors English 10 A / Period 4

Sophomore English class in the magnet program of John H. Francis Polytechnic High School in Sun Valley, California.