Mayra M. Indiana

Abortion

In this letter, I propose to the president that he should consider making abortion legal in all 50 states.

Abortion

Dear Presidential Candidate,

“Surely the woman, and her family, have rights, not just the unborn baby?” According to Revision.com that's what many people think. Well, not so many people are comfortable talking about this specific topic because everyone has different opinions on it. This topic is one of many topics that are avoided in a conversation, but should be talked about more often.

Not only do many states make abortion illegal, but they also make the procedure really hard to go through. Personally, I feel like abortion should be the person's choice, not the states. This year, teen pregnancy has increased a lot. There’s a higher chance of them to leave and not finish school. The ability of a women to be able to control her body is not the state's choice.A woman will know what best for herself and the child.

Many people might disagree with me, which I am not against. The problem is their reasons. The people who are against abortion have reasons, like for example this one. “Those who choose abortions are often minors or young women with insufficient life experience to understand fully what they are doing. Many have lifelong regrets afterwards.” According to About News, people actually think this. I’m not saying that their opinion isn’t valid, it’s just not reasoned. “Many Americans who pay taxes are opposed to abortion, therefore it's morally wrong to use tax dollars to fund abortion.” is another reason people are against abortion. My opinion is correct because I’m letting the women decide for herself. She knows if she’s not ready, and it’s her choice.

I’m proposing abortion to be legal in all states in the US. The House Of Representatives and Senate will approve this because it’s constitutional. It also approves and supports the right to life. Banning abortions also will increase the rates of illegal abortions. The next President will approve of this because he knows what right and wrong. He knows that we have the modern medicine that will make it easier.

Therefor, I see abortion as a law that should be legalized. Not only are you as a president choosing if the women will be able to be in control of her body, but you will also be choosing if this child has a future. Once again, I am proposing to you to legalize abortion in all 50 states, so women will a choice and not be forced to do illegal procedures. In order for you to pass this law, you will need to think of all the people suffering in many states because of this. Concluding my argument, I consider you to think about making a change and focus on this specific topic. Not so many people discuss about abortion, and I think you as the next president of the United States, should make a move and legalize abortion in all 50 states.

Mayra

13

8th grade

Towles New Tech

Fort Wayne, Indiana