Jackson Illinois

Terrorism

Terrorism is the number one problem that needs to be addressed by our next president.

ISIS, a terrorist organization in the Middle East, is responsible for 5% of all civilian deaths. Since 1995, there have been more than 500 terrorist attacks and more than 3500 deaths in the U.S. Terrorism is a big problem that needs to be addressed by our next president.

Terrorism has not only been killing people in the U.S., but worldwide, too. In 2014 alone, more than 32000 people had died by terrorist attacks. As a solution, our president can spend money on better security, in places such as airports or even public transportation to prevent most of these attacks from happening. After 9/11, it took $3.8 billion to rebuild the One World Trade Center. This is one example of money going down the trade in order to fix what terrorists have done. So, not only would it protect people, but it saves money, too.

The U.S. has been involved in over World War II costed the U.S. $341 billion. If the next U.S. president doesn’t do anything about terrorism, the U.S. could end up in a serious war. After terrorist attacks in France, the French government declared war on ISIS. Who’s to say that the U.S. isn’t next? It would take billions of dollars to fund a war against a terrorist group like ISIS.

If the next president can prevent terrorism we can make the U.S. a better country. If not, the U.S. will be in a world of hurt.

Gurrie Middle School

McGovern Period 5/6

Ms. McGovern's Period 5/6 ELA Class