Abhi P Illinois

Tax Money

Where is the U.S Tax money going.

Dear, Mr.Trump

Tax money going to the government is like a two year old child getting money and then goes out and buys a horse. There can be a no real reason for that horse and it will not help that child in any way. Just like our tax money the government will funds wars that we should not even be involved in. When it came to my knowledge that the U.S is in 19 Trillion Dollars in debt and we owe the most money to ourselves.I was amazed So why is it Mr.Trump that we own our self so much money. It is not like the tax bills are getting smaller. So what do you plan to do.

In your campaign Mr.Trump you talked about how your are going to help “family with low income with taxes” and child care, but what are you going to do with the people that make millions they was find a way to pay less to the goverment. How are you going to help local business owners. How are you going to get major corporation to makes jobs in the U.S. These are major problems we currently have As a U.S citizen and a future taxpayer I would like to know. I would not like to pay taxes and then that money go to waste. Meaning if your are going to “build the wall, a huge wall” where are you getting the money because I know Mexico is not helping use. According Peña Nieto you are “Adolf Hitler”. The president of Mexico called you Adolf Hitler one of the worst person to ever live. To Building a concrete wall on the U.S and Mexican border would cost billions. That is money you are spending the that we don’t have.

There should be more of giving backs as well. Like if the population is using clean energy they should get some money back. You should find a way help regular people. We have been going in to wars for years and some of these war we should not be involved, and even if we are involved what do we get out it. We are spending more and more money that we do not have.In your campan you inolige that and you see this problem is happening. So you have a plan to fix the problem, but going into war or making a wall will not help a nation debt.

Democracy is like flying a plane if you don’t like the pilot flying the plan you are not going to hope he screw up and crashes the plan. You are going to at least hope he is going to get you to your destination safely. There may be some turbulence on the way there but You hope u get there. So Mr. President I may not like some of your plans for the U.S, but we are not a democracy if we can’t disagree. So I wish the best of luck Mr. President

From, Abhi Patel 

Metea Valley High School

Metea Valley Sophomore English

All sophomore students at Metea Valley High School wrote letters to President-Elect Trump, voicing their issues on ideas that are important to them. These letters were part of a three-week project, where we learned about rhetorical situation; types of claims; types of evidence; and embedding quotes.