Rylan L. Montana

L2P

Underage Smoking

I would like to talk about the issue of underage smoking. Underage smoking is a problem that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Smoking is a primary cause of preventable death and disease. Smoking harms yourself and people around you, but yet teens continue to smoke.

Underage smokers have an increased risk of lifelong addiction as well as serious health problems. I believe that as the new president you should make a change to the enforcement of underage smoking. All across the United States there are several states where underage teens can purchase items for smoking without ID. I believe stores like these should be closely monitored and under tight security.

The issue of underage drug use in general is growing rapidly. The importance of this matter is very large, and I think you should start making a change as soon as possible. The future of our nation is in trouble if our country doesn’t start making changes, and those changes start with you. You have the power to turn our country around and restore healthy habits for all Americans.

Underage smoking affects more than just the smoker, it affects the whole family of that teen. Parents cannot stand to see their own children going down a path of darkness. I hope you take my letter into consideration. America’s future is up to you for awhile.

Rylan

Billings, Montana

Billings Public Library

TC - Billings, MT

TA - Billings, MT