John B. Washington

Drugs in the U.S.

Most of the drugs being imported to the U.S. are coming from Mexico. How is the President going to strength border control to help stop this problem.

John B.

Olympia, WA

4, November, 2016

The Next President of the United States

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Next President:

Today there’s a lot more controversy and problems with drugs. The argument about legalizing marijuana, and drugs crossing the border all protein to drugs in the U.S. How are you, as the President, going to better these situations and slow down drug flow in the U.S.?

Today, the nation struggles with an unsafe society, brought by drugs The major drug supplier for the U.S. is Mexico. Marijuana (NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws has been trying to decriminalize Marijuana since the 1970s) is directly transported from Mexico to the U.S. while other, more powerful drugs like powder, and crack cocaine, which is are our country’s most popular drug, are transshipped from South America to Mexico, to the U.S. In fact drugs from Asia are brought into the U.S. through Mexico and Central America. This shows sloppy border control and needs to be controlled because the more drugs in the U.S. the worse addiction and other drug related threats get.

If illegal drugs and drug trafficking weren’t to exist, the world would be a much better place. People wouldn’t be distracted by illegal substances, and could possibly live up to their true potential and hopefully be a good addition to society.

I know there is no definite way to stop drug trafficking, but it doesn’t hurt to try. I would suggest more security at the borders, and not another wall. Shown from a Youtube video in 2011 were immigrants scaling the border fence, which shows a wall is not gonna stop people. More security at the borders would help slow down this problem because at the border of Mexico and the U.S. is where most of the illegal drugs are coming in from.

Like I said, with more drugs comes more addiction, and with more addictions, comes more overdoses, and more deaths caused by drugs. Without illegal drugs these things wouldn’t be as nearly as high of a risk.

As President, the first thing you should focus on regarding this issue is the border control. Make the border more secure, because that’s where all the drugs are coming in from, causing the problem.

John

Newton, David E. “Drug Trafficking.” Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society, ABC-CLIO, 2016, issues.abc-clio.com/Topics/Display/913362?cid=41. Accessed 31 Oct. 2016.

Works CitedDriscoll, Sally, and Cheryl Bourassa. “Border Walls: An Overview.” Points Of View: Border Walls (2016): 1. Points of View Reference Center. Web. 7 Nov. 2016.

Works CitedRich, Alex K., and Alexander Stingl. “Legalization Of Marijuana: An Overview.” Points Of View: Legalization Of Marijuana (2016): 1. Points of View Reference Center. Web. 7 Nov. 2016.