Klaire M. Montana

Feminisms Impact on Society

In my letter I talked about how people think girls are just shallow people and all we care about are our looks, when most of us want to do something amazing with our lives. Also about how people treat us terribly, like we don't matter and how all of us should look a certain way.

Feminism? It's a big issue in our society today but not very many people actually want to do something about it. A Lot of girls today feel they are only beautiful if they look a certain way, or that girls can never do anything as good as guys so we might as well just stay at home and never try anything. I'm going to talk to you about why we need to fix this issue.

I've heard it before people calling girls fat, we are girls and we all have our own body types, just like guys do. So why is it different for girls than it is for guys? We see it all over the media the way people think girls should look, the magazine cover girls, or the models, they are all fine but we don't all look like those girls and those girls never look the same as each other. We are all beautiful in our own ways, so why can't we be treated like that?

Now the mind part of it, people think just cause we are girls all we care about are shopping and our looks, but it's so much more than that some of us want to be doctors, nurses, teachers, and veterinarians. But people think because we are girls we might be able to that stuff but we’d never be “the best,” when really girls can do anything guys can do better and why does being “the best” even matter in the first place? Another thing is our strength people think because we are girls we aren't supposed to have muscles or that we can never be stronger than any man, when really we can be stronger than 10 men if we wanted, because we can be just as strong as the rest of you.

According to Lizzy Acker of The Oregonian people everywhere are taking a stand there are guy athletes taking pictures with “Wild Feminist” on the front of their shirts, Professional athletes are doing the same. People everywhere are taking a stand but no one pays attention the those people, this is why we need to make feminism more...out there, to get people to start thinking about it. So why don't people everywhere start treating us with respect and maybe it will start a chain reaction then everyone will treat us the way we should be treated, so starting with you start treating us with respect and maybe people will follow. Thank you for your time.

http://www.oregonlive.com/trending/2016/10/oregon_high_school_athletes_re.html

Klaire M.

BIllings Montana

Billings Public Library

TC - Billings, MT

TA - Billings, MT