Chloe North Dakota

Pro Feminism

Feminism affects every woman in the world.

I would like to talk about something I feel very strongly about and that would be feminism. Feminism has been around for quite a long time. I believe it matters because everyone should have the same rights. It effects every single woman in this world. Sadly not everyone believes the same as I do. Some even believe woman should be below men. I strongly disagree, but that is their opinion despite the facts proving them wrong.

It effects every woman from jobs, education, and home life. Even in the top paying jobs for woman, females still earn less than men; only one career, speech pathology, pays the same no matter the gender. Everyone is the same. We are all equal human beings, gender doesn’t matter.

What about rape in college? That seems to be another issue. Some say it’s because of “what you’re wearing”, “you were asking for it”, “you should have said no”, etc. That is not the problem. First of all, a woman should be able to wear whatever she wants without a man being all over her. Second of all, she wasn’t asking for it or it wouldn’t be considered rape. I don’t care what the woman was wearing, doing, or whatever, the male had no approval to do anything. Does that sound okay to you President? Because it sounds like a nightmare to me. Why isn’t it mandatory for colleges’ to mention how many rape victims they have had in the past? Yes, I do understand that the college would lose money, and some students would decide not to go there. What is more important here: losing money or a woman who would have a burden for the rest of her life?

That is just in education woman are still subjected to violence at home. One out of every four woman will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. Just thinking about that makes me sick. Yes, I do understand that a woman should stand up for herself and tell whoever is being abusive to quite, but if you’re scared it’s not that easy. When people are mad it’s scary and you don’t want to make them madder by saying stop. Some people would argue with this by saying “you want to be equal to a man, I’ll treat you like one.” That does not mean you hit a woman. You shouldn’t be hitting anyone, in fact. Woman all over the world aged fifteen through forty-four are more at risk of rape and domestic violence than car accidents, cancer, war, and malaria. That is heartbreaking. It shouldn’t be possible.

So president what are you going to do about this issue? Woman all over the world, including me, would be so grateful.

Chloe Z.