Skylar A. Indiana

Dear future President.

Banded Tuition would be very beneficial.

According to CNBC.org, "the average cost of tuition and fees at a private non-profit, four-year university this  year is $31,231." Also, "the costs are going up almost $2,000." Next, " At public, four-year schools, tuition fees cost about $9,139." These costs aren't affordable for many families. In my opinion, college needs to be more affordable but not free. At Indiana University in Kokomo, they don't have a cost per credit hour. Indiana University of Kokomo has a banded tuition, which I  think that every college should have. IUK has the banded tuition of $7,200 a year. If you take less than twelve credit hours, you pay per credit hour rather than twelve to eighteen and paying a flat rate of $7,200. By having a flat rate, you can take more classes and that will be an advantage for anyone taking the advantage. I went on a college tour of IUK this past October and with the about of classes that you can take eighteen credit hours and pay the same price as twelve credit hours. Banded tuition would be the next step for lowering tuition costs for college. If I were to take the eighteen credit hours at Indiana University of Bloomington, it would cost nearly $11,000 not including books. If you would consider making all college banded tuition, more students would be able to attend college.

Skylar :)