Nicolas B. Montana

The LGBTQ community

I have some possible causes and solutions to talk about along with some problems concerning the LGBTQ community.

I would like to talk to you about a subject that is really close to me and my family. That issue is the LGBTQ community. Two of my sisters are lesbian and one is bisexual. I also have two gay uncles.

There are issues with the community. Some of the crimes committed against them are hate crimes. There is also a lot of hate speech against them.

Only about four percent of Americans are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, or questioning.

There are a few reasons I think these happen. One is just a lack of understanding. Another is people having bad experiences with the LGBTQ community. The final reason I think these happen is because people are afraid it is like a disease that spreads.

There are a couple ways I think we can fix this. One is to add a LGBTQ unit in health classes as a mandatory lesson. Another option is to put some laws in place to prevent some of the hate speech.

In conclusion, I think we need to help the LGBTQ community. They have a higher chance of getting kidnapped, being called names, getting beat up, raped, and killed. I really hope this letter can convince you to help the LGBTQ community.

Nicolas B., 14

Billings,MT

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-05-22/americans-vastly-overestimate-size-of-lgbt-population

Billings Public Library

English 1

Skyview High School