Dawson R. Montana

This is about gun control and ways we can fix it without taking guns.

Why would you takes guns from citizens who have rights. It is our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. I feel that gun control will not change anything in our society.

Shootings and violence(gangs) are symptoms of gun violence. There is already some gun control as well as a background check system.

Gun laws are not the problem there are other ways criminals can get guns such as the black market and illegal gun trades.

I think that The F.B.I could try to shut down black market deals as well as better background checks. It is pretty easy to get a untracable illegal gun especially if u have conections as it says in a newsweek article I read.

In conclusion I feel that gun control isn’t the problem and other ways to get guns are. Taking certain guns away isn’t going to change anything.

Guns have a lot of purposes too such as hunting, self defense, competition, and casual shooting.

I feel that gun laws can be changed in ways but taking them away will only help a little and will be unfair to law abiding citizens.

Thank you for your time.

Billings Public Library

English 1

Skyview High School