Trydenn S. Montana

"The Ice is Melting"

My letter is about the problems global warming poses and some solutions on how to start fixing them. Its also about the causes of global warming like factories and cars.

Trydenn

14 9th Grade

Billings, MT

Future President

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20500

As a student in Montana I think global warming is a huge issue. I think it's an issue because of some of the things that can happen like how overpopulation is already a problem in some places if global warming continues it will become an even bigger problem.

Some of the problems introduced because of global warming are the oceans are growing causing water levels to rise which would make costal towns and cities to move farther inland then overpopulation will become a bigger problem. The ice in the arctic is melting which is causing the oceans to grow and animals that live on or near the ice are dieing and their habitats are being ruined. Some proof of global warming actually happening is for the first time ever in history liquid water was recently recorded in the north pole, it got hot enough to melt some snow or ice and make water.

The main problem and cause of global warming is air pollution the air is so polluted with Co2 is causing global warming. According to the CBS Interactive we as humans produce a total amount of more than 2.4 million pounds of carbon dioxide every second. All of that Co2 goes into the atmosphere that means in one year there should be about 75.7 billion pounds of Co2 in the atmosphere.

I think that we need to stop clear cutting forests and plant more trees to help start getting rid of some of the Co2. We could also have one or two days a month were your not supposed to drive your cars and stop factory production on those days. I hope you will take the time to try to put this into action.

Trydenn S.

"Carbon Dioxide Emissions Rise to 2.4 Million Pounds per Second." CBSNews. CBS Interactive. Web. 19 Oct. 2016.