JORDAN R. Montana

Refugee Relocation

I think for the Refugee relocation process should be faster and we should offer an option to pay for college.

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President,

I think one of the main issues right now in our country is all the refugees that are fleeing to the United States. According to Phillip Connor in his article “U.S. admits record number of Muslim refugees in 2016” 38,901 Muslims alone flee to the U.S. in 2016. That is a big number of people to be adding to the United states each year and that doesn’t count the people with other ethnicities that come over to get out of the terrible circumstances they were in.

I feel like we don’t apply a quick enough processes for them to start a new chapter in their life and move on. The process of resettlement takes months or even years. That can seem like an eternity to these families just trying to get back on their feet. I know that we give refugees and opportunity to get jobs but they are very low paying. I feel like giving people an opportunity to go school and get an education would really help these families.

My idea for school, is to use some of the funds the committee for refugees gets and use that to put these people in schools, I know it would be a lot of work at first to figure out just how to make it work and if they were getting put into college it would be hard to figure out a way for them to work it off or how to hand out all these loans but the idea behind this would be to give these people a chance to get an education before they are on their own completely. I think this would be very beneficial to our country. It could help reduce crime from these people, weather that be from stealing, or rape or any crime you could commit. It would help educate them on what is acceptable and what is not. We have different laws then they have and I think this could really help. I really hope you consider my idea, I think it could be very beneficial.

Jordan R, 15

Billings, MT

Billings Public Library

TF - Billings, MT

TF - Billings, MT