Miguel M. Oregon

Cyber Crimes

There should be more security put into the safety of the american people To keep there information safe in cyber space. There are wars that wage on the web, and there should be someone out there to end them all.

Dear Future president,

There is an epidemic that should be addressed. I may not know as much as you and your Federal Bureau Of Investigation do, but I know that it is an issue that should be looked into more. Now that technology is becoming more and more advanced in our society, that means that there are more and more chances of cyber attacks on our daily lives and to major corporations.

At the rate that the world is growing, so are people's wallets and so are the criminals that want to get their hands on their money. The people of this country continue to be robbed of their money by people that Want to gain money in an easy way. There are groups of people that Organize themselves to take down major corporations that help us do our day to day lives.

Recently, there was a group of hackers that took down Yahoo and took over 500 million accounts, and when they did that, it included personal info, like their names, personal Emails, phone numbers, passwords and security questions. The article was posted by CNN, and in the article it reads “These were taken from them and were being sold all over the world for $1,800.” That even took place two years ago and it was released to the public this week. Why is this particular incident significant?

IT just showed the world how insecure their information is and how unsafe our own personal information is.

The cyber criminals have only gotten more and more technologically advanced as the coming years go by, with more powerful computers that are capable of many more things than just day to day use. Over the past 20 Years we have made such improvements to our home computers that people like me. Everyday citizens can create a computer to our liking and possibly use to hack into peoples personal info and take there name’s, credit card numbers, social security numbers as well. There are already people that lead groups of hackers to take down servers and to take down huge companies not because they need to because they want to, The security of our everyday life and Corporations that help keep the economy going can have their security breach like it was nothing. Such actions can lead to a much greater effect on the United States economy and could potentially put us into a much tougher situation.

The war on cyber crime is a hard one to fight; I understand that, yes, but there should be a much tougher crackdown on cyber crimes since over half of our personal info is soon and or already is on our phones, computers, laptops, and tablets. The security of the United States people is one of the most important things that should be kept intact no matter if it's war, or a cyber war. We deserve to know that if things that happened to Yahoo will be prevented to us, the people of the United States Of America.