Brett P. Montana

Homeless Troubles

In this passage I talk about the issue and side effects of homelessness and how it could be stopped or prevented.

Homelessness is a big problem in this country and we need to put a stop to it. Everyday people go hungry, lose their job, or lose a home. It absolutely must stop.

There are issues that come along with being homeless. The rate for robberies is higher, just for what people need and can’t afford. There has a chance for more street violence and other related violence. Those people might feel like they were not treated right and want their form of justice which could result to drastic measures of violence.

The causes of homelessness can vary from being forced out of your home because you cannot afford to pay the bill, or a spouse kicking someone out. Another issue that leads to homelessness is that some people are ignorant and think that a job will be like school where they can mess around and not get in too much trouble for it. Therefor, better classes about preparing for jobs as an adult, in school, can benefit a lot of people.

In 2005, a study showed that over one billion people in the world were homeless, and since then, the numbers have grown. In 2009, over two million American children were homeless! The numbers, just in America, continue to vary between 3.5 and 1.6 million people homeless.

Clearly something needs to be done. There are already communities working to end homelessness and hunger, but apparently it isn’t enough. Like I mentioned already, more classes in schools that teach students how to be responsible adults could make a big difference. The government should be able to help the people of it’s country. If we have enough money to build a rocket and go to the moon, then we should have enough money to end hunger in America. Do we want to be known as the country who spent millions of dollars on machines, or the country who gave everyone a home and ended hunger?

Brett P

https://www.homelessworldcup.org/homelessness-statistics/ 

Billings Public Library

English 1

Skyview High School