Avery Pennsylvania

Child abuse

Childeren are the future of this world! Child abuse is destroying children all around the world and also destroying their future. What can you do to stop child abuse?

Dear Future President,                                                                                      November 3, 2016

What are we doing about child abuse? Between 500 million to 1.5 billion children are either emotionally, physically, or sexually abused each year. Child-abuse must be stopped because children are the future of this earth. We need to address children better on how bad this situation is and what to do if you are in this situation.

Most of the time when children are emotionally abused, it's by their parents. Are your parents supposed to help and love you? 50% of the time children are emotionally abused when their parents drink heavily. And the other 50% are when their parents are very angry. Sometimes parents don't even realize what they're saying when they're angry.

All around the world children are physically abused. Children are physically abused by bullies, parents, all kinds of people. When children are physically abused the experience stays with them forever. Nine out of ten people that have been physically abused have had a hard time living because they are scared of the world. They think if they make a mistake, they will be hurt.

The most common abuse is when a child is sexually abused. Most children under the age 13 are sexually abused at one point in their life. Children don't know what to do in that situation. When a child is sexually abused, it scars them for life.

I've known people who have been abused, and child abuse needs to stop. There is a way we can stop this. If we address this situation better to children and explain what to do if this ever happens to them, we could lower the amount of children abused each year. I feel that schools need to explain what child abuse is and what to do if you are ever in that type of situation.

Children are the future of this world. Child abuse is destroying children all around the world and also destroying their future. What can you do to stop child abuse?

Avery