Lauren M. Alabama

CONCERNS

Merely, I will explain the concerns I have from my perspective.

Dear Mr./Mrs. President,

I would like to discuss certain matters concerning this country. Firstly, as a minor myself, I would personally like to ask for at least a raise in minimum wage. I ask because I feel as though a raise would help so many people get by better in life. I understand that many jobs will have wage increases, but I feel as though people will deal with that just as those before us have. Humans have not always dealt well with change. But as humans and Americans,whatever changes are made, we will adapt, after complaining about what happens.

One main problem I see with this society is the fact that we are all distracted. Yes, I admit that I am as well. Its not just us as kids, though, adults are the ones who actually created the technology that we are ALL distracted by.  Now,  I'm not saying make a law so that devices can't be used in public places. I'm saying that everyone should limit their use on these devices and become more aware of their surroundings.  Another thing that happens a lot, and there is already a law for, is texting and driving.  I don't have a problem as long as you are either stopped, or have someone else do it for you. Some people, however try bending the rules and actually move to talking on the phone whilst driving. Their driving tends to be slower, and causes more people on the road to get aggravated. 

My next concern would be terrorists. My standpoint there.... I'm not sure. I don't think I'm scared of them. I'm more like curious-about what they'll do and how they will react to how we do things. Truthfully, I don't believe that they wish to harm us as much as I believe that they only want to get more territory for their country or gain more power for themselves.  Maybe they are like wolves invading another territory for land, food, and riches. What would be your standpoint on terrorism?

Finally, I'd like to say that all people have different opinions, beliefs, and ideas-mine would be as you see it. Thank you for your time, and may you have a good day.