Erick Oregon

Racism In the U.S.

Its a letter stating that racism is a big problem in the U.S. and has 2 examples of racism.

There are a lot of problems in America, but there is one that is still going on, and it has been going on for centuries. That problem is racism. For so many years, people of color have been harassed, judged, and even killed because of their skin color. I need you, Mr./Mrs. President to eradicate this problem, make a press conference about the issue.

Some people say racism doesn’t exist anymore, that it's gone, but you can still see the discrimination and stereotypes in our society. An example of the discrimination in our country are the racist comments on Mexican immigrants from a man named Donald Trump. He said,” When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best.They’re not sending, or you. They’re sending people with lots of problems, and they’re sending those problems with us. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some I assume are good people.”(Donald Trump 2016) These comments show that he was discriminating Mexican immigrants and ignored the fact that the Mexican immigrants are hard working people and they contribute a lot to the United States.

A recent incident of racism was when a white 21 year old man named Dylann Storm Roof charged into a historic black church in South Carolina and opened fire on the service. He killed nine people who were all black because they were black. This is why you need to help end racism so we can have no more racist incidents like these. If you can end racism here, then you can end racism all over the world because racism is a factor in many wars, like the American Civil War and World War II.

In my day to day life I experience racist stereotypes in films that are mostly comedic. They show stereotypes in a funny way that is funny at first but after a while it starts to be stupid. A reason kids are racist is because they are learn it from the media like films and shows and their parents. One way you can prevent future generations from being racist is to tell schools to make their teachers teach that racism is wrong and bad. It may take a long time but it is worth it. Students who are discriminated often tend to drop out of school and turn to crime. So please Mr./Mrs. President you have to end all of this hate.

Erick Mendoza