Brendan C. New York

Homelessness should be eliminated

There are over 500 thousand people homeless. There are almost 50 thousand homeless veterans that are homeless. They risked their lives for this country and now they are sitting on the streets begging for money.

Homelessness should be eliminated from this world. There are over half a million people out there that are homeless and 50 thousand of them are veterans. The worst part about this is states in the United States are making homeless basically illegal. States are saying you can’t beg for money or sleep in cars or sleep in the streets which leave homeless people with nowhere to go.I feel like homelessness should be eliminated. I feel like if we got rid of homelessness this country would do better economically. There are over 500 thousand people homeless. There are almost 50 thousand homeless veterans that are homeless. They risked their lives for this country and now they are sitting on the streets begging for money.

According to Monte Leach from Share International Archives there 100 million people worldwide that are literally homeless. This is why we need to get rid of homelessness. The world would be such a better place and there would be more happy people out there in the world. Even if we can’t get rid of homelessness around the world I feel like the people that are homeless should be treated better. So many people either walk by read the sign and keep walking or they act like that since you're homeless you’re a completely different person.

According to The Friends Of Boston Homeless group, they explain a bunch of stories about homelessness. This is a story about a girl I read about and she had a good life until her company lost business, here is the story about Kimberly. Kimberly had a nice job and a nice home. But when the company she worked for went under, she lost her savings, her insurance, her car, her peace of mind, and eventually her home. The saddest part about being homeless is that you could have a very good career and a house and a family and one day you get fired or your business goes out of business and next thing you know you’re homeless. I feel like insurances should cover stuff like this because they don’t, some people get born into homelessness and others just get unlucky but what I'm trying to say is no one should ever be homeless.

According to the Huffington post, Renee Delisle was one of over 3,500 homeless people in Santa Cruz when she found out she was pregnant. This can not be happening to people around the world. People shouldn’t have to go through this and have a baby by themselves and their not even in a safe spot Renee had her baby in an abandoned elevator shaft. Homeless people, I think that even if we can’t get them jobs we get them small things to do for money like once or twice a week. For example, if they sold a half dozen flowers for 5 dollars or a dozen for 10 dollars ad they did that a few times a week they would be making money to try and get out of homelessness and hopefully eventually buy a home.

Homelessness is all around a very bad thing and we need to get rid of it as soon as possible. Even though we will probably not be able to eliminate all homelessness I think it is worth a try to change a bunch of people's lives for good and forever.

From,

Brendan Coyle

Mrs. Yerou's Rock Star Writers

Mrs. Yerou's Eighth Grade Movers and Shakers

Eighth Grade English Class Lisha Kill Middle School Albany, New York