Jordan Gallegos Ohio

An unborn battle

Abortion can't make a mother un-pregnant, it just makes her the mother of a dead baby. There are laws protecting innocent babies from abortion, why are we overlooking them?

Dear: Next President

The United States is a thriving country, but what if we could make it better? I come to tell you that we can. One of the main problems in our society is abortion. Abortion is killing a baby. I am going to tell you about why the U.S. should stop abortion, and why there should be laws against it.

There are laws oppose abortion. First, When the United States became an Independent Nation the founding fathers created the constitution, which says ‘All men are created equal…with certain unalienable Rights…Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness’. Next, the fourteenth Amendment of our Constitution says that no person should be ‘deprived of life’.Third, statistics say that 954,000 abortions took place in 2014, and that there were 983,000 abortions in 2013, and 1.02 million abortions in 2012. Babies are killed every day because of abortion. Fourth, unborn babies are protected from murder and violence by the federal act ‘Unborn Victims of Violence’. The act considers an unborn baby to be a human being and imposes penalties on those who inflict harm on a fetus otherwise than through an abortion. In addition to the Federal Act 38 US states have separate fetal homicide laws. These are laws that our founding fathers made, and that are against abortion.

Women who have abortion tend to have psychological problems. First, look at it a woman who has an abortion and a doctor who provides one are responsible for the termination of a life. This is true whether a mother believe that life starts at conception or starts at birth. Perhaps because women who have an abortion have to live with this knowledge they can be at increased risk of suffering from depression. This effect can last at least five years after the abortion takes place. Second, Women who have had an abortion are also at greater risk of doing terrible things (this I am not going to write about in the letter) in the years following the abortion. It is not just women who experience psychological problems following an abortion; the termination can have a negative effect on their spouse as well. These are some psychological problems that parents have after an abortion.

In many countries our world is losing generations of children because of abortions, so, I have some solutions. First, If you made abortion illegal, and parents didn’t want their baby, they gave it to an orphanage (because it’s not right to kill people and definitely not a baby who never had a chance). Then, that leads to another point, what if the mother could get hurt if she has the baby? Many people ask this. What if the government suggested asking a about some of the effects of birth to a doctor before deciding to have a baby. But what if the mother still died? Well, most religions believe that if you die for someone you will got to heaven. Some saints have died for their children, and they went down in history (Saint Gianina). Those saints and mothers loved their child so unconditionally that they died for them, and that is what a mother is called to do. She is called to love her kids so much, that she will pay the ultimate price, and if she isn’t willing to pay that price, maybe she should rethink about having a child. These are my solutions to abortion, because their are alternate solutions.

These are a few reasons why our country should no longer continue with abortion. First, There is a series of laws against abortion, such as the fourteenth amendment, constitution, the laws of twenty three states, and a federal act. Next, Abortion is killing the baby and can hurt the parents, or cause psychological problems. Finally, abortion is losing so many people, and that their are other solutions. There are probably millions of solutions out there on how to stop abortion, and why. In summation, in our prosperous country could become even better, and grow more if people stopped abortion.

Yours Truly,

Jordan

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!