Lauren M. Ohio

America is already in debt, why should we add to the problem?

Currently, the United States spends almost $4 trillion each year. Since 2000, our Nation's debt has rapidly increased. Welfare and other health coverage offers protection to those who don't work, but also helps put our nation in debt. If we strengthen our workforce, and the amount of people who work, then we can lead our country, and the people living in it, to more prosperous opportunities.

Dear Next President:

In 2015, the federal government spent $3.9 trillion, $986 billion of which was related to health programs. This is an absurd amount of money, considering what it is going towards. This money that is categorized under health, is going towards plans such as medicare, medicaid, obamacare, and welfare. These are organizations to help those who need financial help. Even though these are great plans, there are some flaws in them. By slightly altering them, the recipients would be able to sustain a working career while receiving their money.

In order to sustain these services, people must see if they are certified to seize financial support. In addition to this, the people who end up being able to receive these should have to do some type of community service in order to get their money. For example, if a person wanted financial help, then they would apply for it and sign up for community service. These can include jobs such as green roofs on the top of city buildings, planting trees, or helping clean cities. This way, people are helping with global warming, but are also working to receive money.

Another reason why the government needs to tweak government health care, is that America is already in debt. As of 2015, the U.S. was in debt by $18.96 trillion, a 104% increase from 2014. 28% of governmental money is spent on health care. If the government spends less money on that, and more money towards global warming, scientific advances, veterans, or even paying off our debt that has been piling up over the past centuries, then the United States would be a much more prosperous country with more willing workers.

In addition, people in the past have complained that there aren’t any jobs, and that they were “stolen” by foreigners. However, the jobs that people claim “don’t exist”, are those such as lawn service, farming, housekeeping, ect. This is because these jobs are hard to, and don’t always pay the best. In this generation, people need to learn that in order to be paid well, they have to work hard, even if you don’t want to do it.

By changing the way people receive governmental financial help, then there would be more people employed, the U.S. would have a stronger workforce, and would help decrease the national debt. “Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose”- G.K. Nielson

Lauren

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!