Kaitlyn R. Ohio

All About Abolishing Abortion

Why would some one choose death over life when they could that precious life in their arms rather than leaving it in the bottom of a dumpster?

Dear Next President:

Every year 1.3 million unborn babies are brutally killed in the United States of America. This all occurs through abortion. In the United States if parents do not want their child, they have the right to commit a murder of an innocent unborn baby. It is horribly wrong to kill an innocent living person just because they would be an inconvenience to you. This, and many other reasons, is why I firmly believe that abortion should not be legal in the U.S.A.

Life is precious and, a baby's heart proves that. By only five weeks after first being conceived, the baby's heart has been developed and begins beating. “By six weeks a baby’s heart is now beating eighty times a minute”(what to expect, p2). At six weeks a baby’s heart now beats at nearly the same rate as the average person. When a person's heart stops beating, people say that a human life has been lost. When one has an abortion, she is killing a human, still in the womb with the same heartbeat, it is said that a inconvenience has been eliminated.Life is precious so how can ending one that possibly be justified?

When someone is murdered, the murderer is charged with a homicide. When a pregnant woman is murdered, the murderer is charged with a double homicide. This directly implies that both the mother and the child are both considered human beings. For example, in Oklahoma, if a mother and child are killed, the guilty are charged with a double homicide.”(Fetal Homicide Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 21 § 691 ) This is because the killer has taken the life of the mother and the life of the unborn child, who, by law, is defined as a human being. So why is a mother allowed to take the life of her child that is defined as a human being? Why is that not considered murder?

After the choice of abortion, over 65% of women suffer from mental issues. Anxiety, suicidal thoughts and most of all regret.“I wanted to go back to that place and pull my baby out of the dumpster. If only I could live that day over again. My decision to have an abortion was final. It was over. I can’t go back…….”(silentnomoreawareness.com.) Debby Efurd once said, ”The moment I killed my child was not when the problems ended; it's where they began. From that day on I have always regretted the choice of death over life.” Eighty-nine percent of women regret having an abortion, saying that if they could have a do over they would keep their baby (www.angelfire.) If so much sorrow, mental trauma and remorse are the main effects on the mother after an abortion, then why should someone be allowed to choose death over life, when they could hold that new life in their arms rather that leaving it on the bottom of a dumpster?

Yours Sincerely,

Kaitlyn  

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!