Matthew H. Ohio

Ban the Weapons?

Are you scared of guns? What about the people pulling the trigger? Guns don't shoot by themselves. There has to be a mind behind them.

Dear Next President:

In our day there are many problems with guns. Gun violence is a huge problem in the U.S, but what does the government need to do to control it? Many people may disagree but the government should not enforce gun-control because it is our second amendment right, guns are not to problem, and gun-control will not stop any problems.

The first point I’d like to make is we have the the right to own a gun. In the constitution the second amendment is we have the right to a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. This is important because we can not ban someone's right to protect themselves and others with a gun. This means that the next president should not deploy a gun-control method that takes away someone's right to arms.

In our modern day society we believe guns are the problem, but actually people are the real reason for gun violence, and the reason many people want to ban guns. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. It is like a farmer; they used to use rakes and other tools to farm, but the tractor came along and made a new way to farm. Like a gun, people could use other things, but choose a gun instead. This is important because everyone thinks guns are the problem, but they are not. It is the people’s lack of respect for other people and their lives, and others lack of caring to do something. They think that killings are just part of our society and choose not to do anything, or think that gun control will solve everything.

My final point is, gun-control will not solve the problems of our modern day. Gun-control will only limit the people that obey the law. Limiting them will only help the people that will find any way to get guns who turn on the citizens that got their guns taken away. This is important to know because it means we should act to people, and help people know that there are other ways, and make sure people are raised in a common-sense households, that they realize not to leave out guns because kids can take them and bring them to school.

So in conclusion, the government should not have gun-control because we have the right to own guns, guns are not the problem and gun-control won’t stop gun violence.

Matthew 

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!