Dante R.

Gun Control Dear Future President, My name is Dante, and I live in the suburbs of Cleveland. The United States needs more gun laws. There are a lot more deaths in states with less gun laws like Utah and Louisiana with Utah at 13.9 per every 100,000 and Louisiana at 19 per 100,000 compared to Hawaii with 2.6 per 100,000. We need to stop this,innocent people are being murdered for no reason! It is not right. Murderers are buying guns without the seller knowing anything about the person. We need to have more background checks. At gun show, where 40% of gins are bought, there are no background checks. Background checks will enable stopping murderers from buying guns and that will lead to less deaths from guns. If they have any criminal charge involving guns, they should not be able to purchase guns. On the other hand, if they have a minor offense, they should be able to own only pistols and bows such as crossbows and regular bows but only if they have a hunting license.. The Second Amendment states that all people have the right to bear arms, but i'm not sure if they meant that they want murderers to have guns. I am not against it, I just think we should make an edit to it saying if they are eligible. My plan to fixing this is we seize all guns with owners that have criminal charges involving guns. We then issue them either a pistol or bow if requested and if not then money in return. We would then make it required to have background checks at gun shows. I does not matter if it is everyone when they check in or when the buy the guns. This will prevent 40% of possible murderers buying guns. Gun offenders will be able to buy bows and crossbows for hunting.

Thanks!

Mrs. K's Social Studies Class

Social Studies 8-1

An 8th grade social studies class.