mohommad Virginia

Global Warming

Global warming is a big issue that affects the people, environment and world. If it does stop now, results would be catastrophic

Hello Mr. or Mrs. president my name is Mohommad and I am a high school student at Eastern View. It has been well known that global warming has been going on for a long time now. Global warming is caused by mostly green house gasses. Green houses are made by us so basically we are killing ourselves.It's not a very pleasant thing to think that us as humans are killing the human race. The earth has been around a very long time and we shouldn't be the ones to kill it. 

Many have agreed that climate change may be one of the greatest threats facing the planet. With global warming on the increase and species and their habitats on the decrease, chances for ecosystems to adapt naturally are diminishing. One of the first things scientists learned is that there are several greenhouse gases responsible for warming, and humans emit them in a variety of ways.  Most come from the combustion of fossil fuels in cars, factories and electricity production. The gas responsible for the most warming is carbon dioxide, also called CO2. I am not ready for my life to be over all because of global warming. As said by George  Carlin “We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.”

As president you might ask yourself what does this kid want me to do ? Use less energy, or use alternative, nonpolluting energy sources like solar and wind power. Because carbon dioxide is the most important greenhouse gas, planting trees and other plants can slow or stop global warming. Plants take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen. The production of garbage contributes to global warming both directly and indirectly. Decomposing waste in landfills produces methane and other greenhouse gases. Thank you so much for taking your time to read my top problem in 2016 . 

From , 

Mohommad S.