Jackson M. Texas

Illegal Immigration

Illegal immigrants don't deserve the same rights as legal Americans

Dear Future President of the United States,

“A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.” This was said by our fortieth president, Ronald Reagan. Illegal immigration has become major problem in the US, but I believe that it can be stopped. Some people may say, it's fine for them to sneak into the US, and that we need to protect their rights with the 14th amendment. However, what they don't know is that the 14th amendment protects the rights of American citizens, it never says to protect the rights about the people who sneak in the US illegally. I believe shouldn’t be allowed in the USA because they increase crime, take jobs from american citizens, and make us more vulnerable to terrorism.

Illegal immigrants are already breaking the law by crossing the border illegally. Some have been charged with heinous crimes. It has been proven there has been 19,723 immigrants convicted, 196 homicide related, 216 kidnappings, 614 sex offenses, and 804 robberies. That was just in 2012. “In July of 2015, a 32-year-old woman named Kathryn Steinle was shot in the back while walking with her father in San Francisco, California, by an illegal immigrant from Mexico… The man...had just returned to the United States after being deported 5 times. He had been in and out of prison several times for felony re-entry into the United States and alleged marijuana possession.” (Letters to president). This shows the huge threat immigrants bring to our society and to the families across the United States.

They also take jobs from hard working Americans. They come in without a green card, find someone who doesn't care if they are legal to work or not, and hire them. While this is going on American citizens are left begging on the streets living a poor, and unhealthy life. Poverty has been a big problem and I believe it is being caused by not getting a job because they are taken by illegal-aliens. “According to a review of U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Census Bureau data, legal and illegal immigrants gained over a million additional jobs between 2008 and 2010 even as millions of American citizens were losing their jobs during that same time period.” (info wars) As you can see millions of willing to work Americans are being put out of work by immigrants because they are cheaper.

Most people are concerned about terrorism and keeping their children and family safe. Some aren't as famous as those like ISIS, but nevertheless they are still dangerous. "The terrorists are foreigners, most or all of whom should not have been allowed to live in our country...The terrorism threat is from illegal aliens who are allowed to live in our midst... The policy of opening our borders to anyone who wants to sneak into our country illegally -- or to remain illegally after entering legally -- must be exposed and terminated."(Social Contract) Here you can see if we keep letting them come into our country without a fight, our country is going down in flames.

When we let illegal immigrants in America we are dooming ourselves in terms of increasing crime, taking jobs from Americans, and letting terrorist in without a fight. In order to lift america up and “Make it Great Again” we need to secure our borders. Because according to Ronald Reagan, if we want to be a true nation, we need to secure our borders.

@infowars. "18 Facts Prove Illegal Immigration Is Absolute Nightmare For U.S. Economy." Infowars. N.p., 11 May 2011. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Gemma, By Peter. "Home." The Social Contract. N.p., 6 Feb. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

K, Madeline. "Illegal Immigration." Letters to President. N.p., 18 Oct. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.