Taylor S. California

Abortion should be legal.

My name is Taylor Schaeffer, I am 17 years old and I want to address the concerns of abortion rights. Since I am planning on working in the medical field specifically on the labor and delivery floor, I would not like to come face to face with this kind of conflict. I think in all honesty that women should have the rights and should be able to decide what they want to do with their own body. I can agree in some ways that abortion isnโ€™t right and a human life has been taken away by man but what kind of life would the child have if this woman was not suit to be a mother? This in my opinion is a private matter that should only be discussed between the woman and her doctor. We the people do not have the rights to make a decision for an independent woman what she can and cannot do with her own body. There are only so many Foster Care parents in the world that can only take so many children in. If abortion was illegal, where are they going to find enough homes or resources to take care of these children.

Every situation is different, if a woman can't afford to take care of herself how can she take care of another human life. If that's the case, then it's up to the government and Foster homes to take care of this child which means money will be spent leaving the definition of abortion being illegal, a financial burden to the U.S. government and our taxpayers. I hope you as president will take what I addressed into consideration.

Taylor Schaeffer