Ethan B. Minnesota

All Lives Matter

Everyone has the right to life, white, black, homosexuals, transgender, men, women, everyone. 37% of unarmed people killed by police were black in 2015 despite black people being only 13% of the U.S. population. In the United States, out of the almost 6,000 hate crimes committed in 2013, 20 percent (approximately 1,200) were based on victim's’ sexual orientation, according to the FBI. 1,700 transgender and gender-expansive people have been killed since 2008 in Central and South America. State officials in Florida are investigating the death of a 57 year old woman who was removed from a hospital by a police officer in December of 2015, and then spent about 20 minutes on the ground in a parking lot before later being pronounced dead. People are being affected and killed all around the world, because of their race, or the decisions they make and we need to stop that. I believe that all lives matter should be the priority of our future President because people are being killed and injured because of their race, their gender, and the decisions they make as a human being. That is a problem in america with police brutality I mean it says here in http://mappingpoliceviolence.org/ 37% of unarmed people killed by police were black in 2015 despite black people being only 13% of the U.S. population. But it is not just Blacks being killed and hurt it also with Homosexuals, and Transgender, and men valuing their life more than a women’s, which is totally unacceptable. On the website https://76crimes.com/100s-die-in-homophobic-anti-gay-attacks-statistics-updates/ it says In the United States, out of the almost 6,000 hate crimes committed in 2013, 20 percent (approximately 1,200) were based on victim's’ sexual orientation, according to the FBI. It is just sad how people view other people’s decisions horribly. It matters because no one anywhere should be losing their lives due to other people even if it is an incident. Therefore everyone should be treated equally and to have the right to live. Others might believe, that Whites are better than any other race, or that men are way better than women. So many black lives don’t matter over the world because whites think that they are better and that black people don’t have the right to live. On the website http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2016/06/27/on-views-of-race-and-inequality-blacks-and-whites-are-worlds-apart/ it says that An overwhelming majority of blacks (88%) say the country needs to continue making changes for blacks to have equal rights with whites, but 43% are skeptical that such changes will ever occur. An additional 42% of blacks believe that the country will eventually make the changes needed for blacks to have equal rights with whites, and just 8% say the country has already made the necessary changes. This is kind of disappointing, because so many black people think that they are still not equal to whites, and they want to be. Many Black’s want equal rights like whites, but some people just don’t think blacks are important. We need to have stricter laws about how police treat citizens, and to have more laws and everybody being equal… Blacks, Transgender, Homosexuals, and Women. I feel like that this Subject connects with Global Goal 16, Peace and Justice, because without peace there is no chance that All lives will matter to everyone and we need justice. I think that the U.S. should support the UN with this also, so that all lives will matter throughout the whole world and so we can have Peace and Justice for all. This is a big priority for the next president, because everyone’s life has potential at doing something great, and everyone should just have the right to life.

This picture connects with my topic, because it is showing people with all different kind of race putting there hands together to join each other, which is what we need to happen around the world.

Ethan B.

Citations:

"On Views of Race and Inequality, Blacks and Whites Are Worlds Apart." Pew Research Centers Social Demographic Trends Project RSS. Copyright 2016 Pew Research Center, 27 June 2016. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.

"1000s Who Died in Anti-gay, Anti-trans Attacks (updates)." 76 CRIMES. N.p., 04 Aug. 2016. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.

"Police Have Killed at Least 234 Black People in the U.S. in 2016." Mapping Police Violence. N.p., 4 Oct. 2016. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.

Freeney, Debi. "All Lives Matter." Pinterest. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.

Chaska Middle School East

Mrs. Johnson's 8th Grade Global Studies

Global Studies class letters connecting national issues to the UN's Global Goals.