Kayla Long Texas

Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying can never be stoped, but together we can try to stop it!

Dear Future Mr or Mrs President,

Children cyberbully because they feel like they need revenge. Some kids also cyberbully because they feel like cyberbullying makes them feel “popular”, but really it’s just digging them into a deeper hole. Kids also cyberbully because it makes them feel better knowing that they're not the only one that’s hurt.

Did you know that cyberbullying can physically, mentally hurt kids? Well it can hurt kids really bad. “Cyber bullying statistics refers to Internet bullying. Cyber bullying is a form of teen violence that can do lasting harm to young people. Bullying statistics show that cyberbullying is a serious problem among teens. By being more aware of cyber bullying, teens and adults can help to fight it” Together we should try to stop it. “Kids that are bullied are likely to experience anxiety, depression, loneliness, unhappiness, and poor sleep,” Making the issue worse is the fact that such negative effects of bullying often go unnoticed, as many victims feel the need to conceal the fact that they are being bullied because they are embarrassed or afraid of further bullying. More often than not victims respond passively to bullying.

They tend to act anxious and appear less confident. They may become quieter in class and, as a result, the bullying can become a hindrance on their academic success. Therefore, bullying is a problem that, if left unattended, can become a significant hurdle in a child’s development. Popular kids or teens may bully because: They see it as a way to stay popular.Hurting others makes them feel powerful.It helps them cope with their own low self-esteem. They think it will help them fit in with their peers.They have trouble empathizing with those they hurt. Together we can stop cyberbullying!

Kayla Long

Cedar Valley Middle School 8th Grade ELA

Mrs. Margulies's Classes

8th grade ELA classes from Cedar Valley High School