Ryan L. Pennsylvania

All About Abortion

This is an essay about my view on abortion. It states how other people and myself feel about this topic.

Dear Next President of the United States,

In the United States of America the Declaration of Independence is very important to our civilization. One of the main factors of the Declaration is that it states everyone has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That means that every person that is a citizen of the United States of America has the right to choose how they live their life. They have freedom to do what they feel is best for them and to be happy.

For a very long time some people in power have been trying to take away how others live their life and things that may make them a happier person later in life. For example, abortion “the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.” Many politicians are now saying that abortion should be illegal because it is murder and killing someone hasn’t had the chance to live. When they say those statements and things similar to them they are not thinking about the many women who were raped, were too young, or did not have enough enough money to take care of a child.

Most of the solutions politicians that support making abortion illegal say that if you are not ready or too young just put the child up for adoption. Well then what is the point in having the child? There already about 415,000 children in foster care in the US. Why would you do that to another child especially if you knew you already could not take care of the child in the first place. Children start to form in a woman's womb during the fifth week of pregnancy, but some of the baby's actually body parts are not formed yet.

People who are against abortion are not saying that it is not sad or a great thing that the world has made. What we are saying is it is the woman’s choice. The people in power should not be able to make abortion illegal especially if the woman was a victim of rape or any sort of sexual abuse. Next president please make sure the woman in the United States of America have a voice on this topic!

Ryan

Bala Cynwyd Middle School

Grade 8 Challenge

Letters written by students in the Grade 8 Challenge Seminar at BCMS