Cameron H. California

Racism in San Diego

Racism is everywhere and something needs to be done about it. Even in the suburbs of San Diego racism is present.

Even in the suburbs of San Diego racism is very present and people are discriminated everywhere else too. It doesn’t matter where in the world you are, you will always find some sort of prejudice in that community. To you, President of 2017, I ask what could you do that could possibly help with all this racism in the United States?

I understand that racism has definitely lessened in the past years but it is still an important issue. The reasons for the racism is also a big problem and it needs to stop. “Students with stereotypically “black” sounding names tend to be labeled as troublemakers by teachers. Job applicants with such names are less likely than their white-sounding counterparts to get called in for interviews.”(Huffington Post). As you can see there, people are being discriminated on just their name alone, not even know what they look like or anything else.

I personally have not experienced much racism myself, but I know a lot of people in my community who has. I also know that people have been discriminated on all over the world for a long time.

So, Future President, I am sure that you can do something to make a difference in the United States. Whether it be a small improvement or a big one, anything would help in a way.

Cameron Hildum

San Diego, California  

Rancho Bernardo High School

RANCHO BERNARDO HIGH SCHOOL

Mrs. Ugalde's sophomore writers