Motassem B. Ohio

Terrorism

Terrorism needs to be stopped, but a different way.

Dear Future President

The scariest event that can happen to a country is Terrorism. It is the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. It can happen any day. We never know when it will occur or when it won't. In today's society, everyone thinks that all Muslims are terrorist and they're the only ones to do it. You want to ban all Muslims from entering the U.S, but that won't stop anyone because anyone can be a terrorist. I think terrorism should be stopped but a different way than how you want it.

According to USA Today and CNN, around 3,000 people were killed and over 6,000 people were wounded because of 9/11. During the Boston Marathon, 264 people were wounded and 3 were killed. Many people were hurt emotionally and physically by this tragic event. Many witnesses say they feared for their life and for the country. Terrorism happens world wide, and it affects many people.

There are many more acts of terrorism such as the bombing in Paris, but I’m only speaking of the ones that majorly affected the US and how we can possibly prevent them. In airports, we can make a law where all passengers must be checked before boarding a plane or entering a different state or country. Also we shouldn’t ban Muslims, because anyone can be a terrorist. They can be white, black, Hispanic, Christian, Jewish, etc…. At events such as the Boston Marathon, we should have more police and security guards. The police would search the area, and the security guards would look for anything or anyone suspicious. If they do, they would arrest him/her and interrogate them. There are different ideas than mine that could be worse or better, as long as there is equity in whatever we do it will be great.

In conclusion, I think that we should have stricter restrictions on people coming into the US. It shouldn’t be just certain people getting checked, but instead the security guards need to check everyone to make sure that they don’t have anything bad on them coming in to the US.

Motassem Bayyoud