Jaimie S. Washington

Domestic Violence (The affects on Woman, Men and children)

This article is about Woman who have been victims of Domestic Violence, and them feeling like they

Dear Mr.or Ms. President,

I am here to talk about Domestic Violence. Imagine having the person you love hitting you or hurting you physically or emotionally. Domestic Violence is something that can tear families apart. I feel like Violence among couples is a topic that not many people like to talk about, but it has some very real consequences. For the couple and if they have any, for their kids.

Domestic Violence is an issue that has a huge affect on people's lives, and their brain, for example,in the document, the narrator says, “ however, more than 50 community based studied on this issue have been successfully conducted in Asia, Africa the middle east, Latin America, Europe and north America” (Garcia-Moreno).

Another reason Domestic violence is a bad thing is because sometimes children who are witnesses to domestic violence, have a very traumatic brain change when they witness something like domestic violence. In An article called, Child witnesses to domestic violence: A meta-analytic review, it says, “correctional studies showed a significant association between exposure and child problems “ ( Katherine M.).

Another reason the domestic violence is not a good thing is because women with kids that have been abused, they have had to adjust their parenting strategy, and their way of life. In an article called, Parenting in Battered Women: The Effects of Domestic Violence on Women and Their Children it says, “The model predicted 40% of the variance in children's adjustment, 8% of parenting style, 43% of maternal psychological functioning, and 23% of marital satisfaction, using environmental factors such as social support, negative life events, and maternal history of child abuse” (Alytia A. Levendosky).

SO in conclusion, Domestic violence has many affects on women and children, when they are victims of violence, things happen to their brain and health, also it can affect their personality People who are victims of Domestic Violence feel like they have no one to turn to, and no one understands, but if we can get people together, we could help they find a voice.

Sincerely:

Jaimie Spott