Analyssa Alabama

Families for children

LGBT adoption is when a same-sex couple adopts a child. If every LGBT couple who wanted to were allowed to adopt, then so many children would have better lives. LGBT adoption should be accepted and normalized.

Dear Mr./Ms. president

“Adoption is not about finding children for families, it's about finding families for children.” LGBT adoption is not widely accepted. In my opinion LGBT adoption is a great thing because today more than 16,000 are raising an estimated 22,000 adopted children in the U.S. If every LGBT couple was allowed to adopt, which is an estimated amount of 2 million. Then many children would be able to find  families.

I feel really pleased that today LGBT people are able to adopt in 15 states; however, there is still a long ways to go. Many states can deny LGBT people from adopting because it conflicts with their religious beliefs. Researchers from the University of Oregon found that there’s “no differences” between children raised by heterosexual or same-sex parents. Numerous studies state the same thing.

I am asking for your help to establish LGBT civil rights laws, so that no one can deny LGBT from adopting. If changes aren’t made, then my future plans and many others will be affected. In the future, I want to adopt with my same-sex partner and give my child/children a home and love. I want to experience parenthood and many others would like to experience the same. With your help, we can make this happen.

These changes will take us a step closer to being treated just as equal as to those who are not LGBT.

Analyssa A.

Oxford High School

4th Period

11th grade Honors English