Andrew G.

Police are Heros

The police are good people. It doesn’t make sense that a person would die for someone they hate. They give their life for us, for our freedom. They care about us, all of us. It doesn’t matter whether we're Asian, White, Mexican, or Black, but what truly matters is that we are human.

September 29, 2016

Dear Future President:

First off, congratulations on your election. You will be a great president. The world is a changing place, and may not like you. The country needs you, it may not know it or want to accept it, but it needs you. Don’t force the country to like you, give it time.

Humans say they want to keep things as normal as possible. Often, it is not normal that the people want, but it is they want things to be left the way it is. There is a natural tendency to fight to put things back to the way it was. People would rather die protecting their way of life than so much as try someone else’s. The phrase “History repeats itself” isn’t the full story. History is one way until it is changed by someone in power. The natural tendency of a person not in power is to reject this and repeat the old way. This doesn't always happen it is just a tendency.

The Third Reich, or the Nazis led an army that wanted to make a superior race and destroy all other countries. North Korea is stocking up on nuclear weapons and has enough to destroy all other countries. This is history repeating itself.

This brings me to today's events, police racism and police brutality. We think as a country that the people in power are using their status to repeat history without consequences. We think that racism will perpetually repeat itself but that is not true. It only will come back if the people think it will come back. That is a paradox, racism only exists if people believe racism exists. Racism sadly never left all peoples minds, not just being racist, but even to the extent of acknowledging racism.

The police are good people, they are fired even if proven innocent for these accusations. They deserve to be respected. They are human too. They are us. They protect us because they are us. They aren’t racist to blacks. We just haven’t forgotten the past. We are afraid to forget because then it repeats, but it's actually the opposite, it repeats until it is forgotten completely.

It doesn’t make sense that a person would die for someone they hate. They give their life for us, for our freedom. They care about us, all of us. It doesn’t matter whether we're Asian, White, Mexican, or Black, but what truly matters is that we are human.