Rachel Minnesota

Animal Cruelty

This letter is about putting an end to animal cruelty.

Animal cruelty should be stopped. I love animals and I think every animal deserves a chance to live and feel loved. Too many innocent animals have died due to animal cruelty. Today, television and newspapers have put out articles and commercials about animal cruelty, catching more people’s attention. Because of this publicity, more people want to stop this abuse.

In addition, there is a relationship between animal cruelty and more serious crimes.

Also, people who abuse animals are more likely to abuse others in the future and possibly, become dangerous criminals. There are laws to prosecute those who abuse animals, but they are not always enforced. I believe a better way, is to educate people on how to treat animals. One way to do this would be to have a guest speaker come to schools, with an animal and talk to the students about how to treat an animal. Another way to do this, is to have someone take a course on how to treat an animal, before that someone gets a pet.

As the next President, maybe you could claim a month as “Animal Appreciation Month”.

I hope you will address this issue, because I have a pet dog that I love very much and I can’t imagine her getting abused. Just like I can’t imagine innocent animals getting abused.

Rachel