Aidan B. Michigan

Gun Safety

What is the biggest threat to the U.S. right now? Guns.

Hello I am a 9th grader at Saline high school in Saline, Michigan and I am reaching out to you to help save lives in the United States. I believe that gun safety is a big problem in the US and should be addressed. To many people are getting killed for no reason or unfortunate accidents and people are afraid to even go out side.

Through out America, there are tons of people getting killed everyday for no reason. There is an average of 36 deaths per day due to gun related shootings in america. According to Everytown website, Americans are 25 times more likely to be murdered with a gun than people in other developed countries. 

I have come up with a couple solutions to this problem. First, people that are qualified to buy guns cant go and sell it to non registered people because they could be bad people. Second, you should make rules more difficult for a person to get a license to get a gun then you should have a strict penalty for a qualified person to sell a gun to a non qualified person.

Thank you for listening to my suggestions on how to make the United States a safer place to live. If the government were to enforce these penalties then there would be maybe be  less deaths and America would be a safer place to live.

Aidan B