bailey w. California

Abortion is one of the most controversial topics in today's society. The side of pro-choice argues for its allowance in the situation of rape, whereas the supporters of pro-life stand by the values of life in all cases.

Every year, 1.1 million innocent babies are killed from abortions. In our day and age, abortion has become such a controversial topic and has become more and more accepted by our society. Have we learned nothing from our deep-rooted morals of treating others equally? Unborn babies are no exception to this divine right of equality. Why are their lives perceived as less valuable or not as quintessential as the rest of our population? One reason people decide to get an abortion is in the situation of rape. In this circumstance, yes it is a traumatic experience, but putting an innocent child’s life to waste is not always the answer. Studies also show that about 1% of people who get an abortion is because of rape, so are we really going to use that minuscule statistic as a way of reasoning for pro-choice? In the Bible it states, “Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is an award.-Psalm 127:3.” There are people that are for pro-choice that support abortion but are against the death penalty. As a person with sensible morals, it’s hard for me to wrap my head around the logic of someone against the punishment of a guilty man but for the murder of an innocent life. People may argue that people are wrongfully accused, so in that case an innocent man dies, but you see, in the case of abortion, every baby killed is innocent.

Throughout our whole educational life we are taught about the freedom we have to choose our own path, but in the case of abortion , the woman decides the path of the life that has been created, sometimes throwing away that life just so her path doesn’t get muddy. So future president, I urge you to open your eyes to the reality that our country is supposed to be a nation under God yet we are destroying the life he has graced us with.

Bailey West

Newbury Park High School

English 11IB period 2A

High school English IB course