Ellie California

The Issue of ISIS

This letter stresses the significance of ridding the presence of ISIS from the United States.

To the next President of the United States,

A pressing topic that requires the attention of the next president is how to combat ISIS. Our country is an amazing country full of freedom and liberty. However, people cannot fully exercise the use of their freedoms due to the threat of ISIS. As President of the United States, you must protect America and its future generations by eliminating ISIS before any further damage is created.

Top intelligence officials expect ISIS to directly attack the United States in the upcoming year. There have been 143 terrorist attacks performed by ISIS or influenced by the terrorist organization throughout the world in the last few years. Several of them have occurred in the United States. As a teenager, I am working towards and striving for a successful future. According to CNN, ISIS makes no secret of its ultimate ambition: A global caliphate secured through a global war. They seek to expand their control over the Middle East and look to wage war against Europe and the Americas to destroy the ‘“disbelievers’”. As a concerned citizen and future voter, I am apprehensive of the threat ISIS brings to my freedom and safety.

Furthermore, the ISIS organization seeks to isolate Muslims in our communities to inspire them to rally behind their cause. It is necessary to include the Muslim community and, in doing so, we will develop healthy relationships and work to isolate this terrorist group. However, there are some who are known as “lone wolf threats”, a problem which our country has faced for several years . The danger now lies in social media’s ability to contact these certain individuals and coordinate terrorist attacks from within the country. We must act now to protect our country, and our futures, from destruction and fear.

Elizabeth Pace

Newbury Park High School

English 11IB period 2A

High school English IB course