Brooklyn Iowa

Illegal Immigrants

The problem with Illegal Immigrants

Dear sir or madam,

My name is Brooklyn, and I am writing this letter to address a serious issue in our country. Illegal immigration is a growing problem in our country, and needs to be taken care of.

I believe that it is great that people would like to immigrate to America, and it should be encouraged-but only if it is legal. Too many illegal immigrants are coming into America, and living here. In 2014, 11.1 million people lived in America illegally, with 52% of them being Mexicans, El Salvadorans, Guatemalans, and Hondurans. Also in 2014, the Mexican government stated that they would put more enforcement on the border, which has helped, but it hasn’t been enough. According to pewresearch.org, the government there carried out about 15,000 deportations of unauthorized immigrants.

Why should we care about all of the illegal immigrants? Americans spend their hard earned money on taxes, while many illegal immigrants don’t. Americans also are supposed to follow the laws, and if not, they are punished. Illegals, however, do not respect the laws, seeing as there is a law stating to live in America, you must be here legally or be a citizen. It is also unfair to those immigrants who did become a U.S. citizen legally, because they went through the difficult process, while the illegals just cheated their way in.

So how do we stop the illegal immigrants? It is important to have stricter law enforcement on both sides of the border, this would make it harder for someone to sneak over. One popular idea is to build a strong wall on the border, which does sound like it would work well. Both of these solutions would be good solutions.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you will consider my ideas.

Sincerely, Brooklyn