Nathan S. Virginia

Animal Abuse

How to fix animal abuse for years to come.

Nathan S.

Winchester VA, 22603

October 26th, 2016

Dear President:

A huge problem in our society today is animal abuse. Animals all around the world are being beaten and torn apart, both mentally and physically because of homeowners that don't care. They don't think the life of an animal is valuable enough to empathize. I have an idea that could change that kind of thinking for years to come. Imagine if we tighten down on the abuse of animals as well as making laws more effective. With these two core thoughts in mind, animal abuse could be brought down tremendously.

Cracking down on animal abuse is where it all starts. The US has a huge law enforcement, lets spend more of our time looking for animal cruelty. Lets also make consequences greater. For instance, nowadays if you get caught being cruel to animals you can be fined as little as 400 dollars, let's raise that to 4,000. With bigger consequences less people will want to hurt animals, therefore lowering the rate of animal abuse in the US.

In 2015, 7.6 million animals enter animal shelters. Thus resulting in a staggering 2.7 million euthanizations. Labs all across America are using 15 million warm blooded animals for “science”. With all these numbers in mind you can really see the huge problem America is undergoing.

I care about animals and I know with your help, Mr. President, we can stop the cruelty. We can crack down on dog fighting and lab testing. You may have a pet of your own and I know you care about a key part that makes the US what it is today. Will you do the right thing, or will you sit back and watch like many others before you?

Nathan Schrantz

"Pet Statistics." ASPCA. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2016.

"Animal Cruelty Facts and Stats." RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2016.

"Pets by the Numbers." RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2016