kristhell a. Nevada

Why immigrants should be allowed to stay in the United States

Immigrants should be allowed to live in a place where many of us call it home. It's time to put yourself in our shoes.

I wanted to write this letter to bring a little bit of light into this issue. My name is Kristhell Alvarez, and I am 15 years old. As the daughter of two immigrant parents, I am proud to say that I am also an immigrant. I moved to the United States when I was just 7 years old, leaving their family behind, my parents decided to immigrate to the United States because this was known as the land of the free. The United States opened up many opportunities for, not only my family, but to many immigrants as well. Growing up my parents were very poor, they had a slight chance to survive if they stayed in Mexico. 

Immigrants didn't come to the United States to steal the American people's jobs. We didn't come here to run away and hide from gangs. We didn't come here to cause trouble. We came here for a better life. A better life where we should all be allowed to live in harmony. A world where the future generation of immigrants should be allowed to live in a place where, many of us call home. Its time people put yourself in other shoes and try to keep an open mind when it comes to immigrants.