schneida Massachusetts

Poverty

Poverty

Hello!

My name is Schneida Louissaint and I am 15 year old Haitian girl. I was not born in to poverty, but I know how it feels being poor.  My letter is about poverty because this topic is important to me. I know that people who are poor struggle through their lives because they can not provide for themselves. They rely on other people to help them with certain life essentials like food, a place to live , and education. 

My position on this topic is that  poverty is a major issue in the world and should be addressed as quickly as possible. However, for that to happen, all of us need to work hard to help the poor. There are a variety of practical ways you can contribute to alleviating poverty .

I believe that we should help because poor people have to face hardships because they don't have the things that they need to live. When someone is in that situation, they need other people to help because they will think that  the society they live in does not care about them if we do not help. I hope this is something that you keep in mind and are able to fix.

Schneida Louissaint