E Massachusetts

The most expensive cost of your life!

The cost of college is outrageous! This is an important issue on everyone's mind.

Dear Madam or Mr. President,

The cost of college is outrageous! This is an important issue on everyone's mind. My older sister goes to college and my family is dumping all over their money on to her to make sure she get’s though her last year of college. I wonder is elementary school middle school AND high school is free than why can’t college be a little less expense or even free. The cost of living near or in the college already cost so much. Why do we, America have money problems but us as american are giving away all our money.

One reason I believe college prices are disgraceful is because it’s not just the college that is expensive it is the cost of living there that drains your pockets. Some of the complaints are that the textbooks are so expensive. I’m not saying that college should be free but at least lower the prices of the VERY expensive textbooks. One thing also that is an expensive necessity is the food they sell at colleges. What are the students going to do? Starve because the food is too expensive? No because hopefully when there’s a new president they will change this.

Another big part of college being expensive is when you are in debt. CNN money states that 39% of people who go to colleges have a debt of $10,000, 28% between $10,000 and $25,000 and the small but not so small 4% has almost $100,00 in debt! According to how to EDU 18.2 million people enroll to college so 4 percent is, 728k. That’s a lot of money, and that money doesn't disappear when you end college, it stay with you for life. So when you are in your forties have a nice job and you have a family to take care of with the money you got from your job, a lot of that money is to still pay off that debt. People should live a life where you don’t have to worry about your past, and shoot for the future! I really hope you take that into consideration Mr, or, Madam president.